Just in Time, Abraham Lincoln
Bun Bun Button
The Junk Yard Wonders
In Our Mother's House
Someone for Mr. Sussmann
For the Love of Autumn
The Lemonade Club
Ginger and Petunia
Something About Hensley's
Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
The Graves Family Goes Camping
Mommies Say Shhh!
An Orange for Frankie
John Philip Duck
The Graves Family
"G" is for Goat
When Lightning Comes in a Jar
Mr. Lincoln's Way
Luba and the Wren
Thank You, Mr. Falker
In Enzo's Splendid Gardens
The Trees of the Dancing Goats
I Can Hear the Sun: A Modern Myth
Aunt Chip and the Great Triple Creek Dam Affair
Babushka's Mother Goose
My Ol' Man
My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
Pink and Say
Tikvah Means Hope
Babushka Baba Yaga
The Bee Tree
Picnic at Mudsock Meadow
Mrs. Katz and Tush
Uncle Vova's Tree
Just Plain Fancy
Boat Ride With Lillian Two Blossom
The Keeping Quilt
Casey at the Bat
Thunder Cake Quiz
Test how well you know Thunder Cake!
Your Email Address:
1) In the intro. to the story, Patricia wrote that Thunder Cake is the story of what?
How Mr. Falker taught her to read.
How Grandma taught her to bake Key Lime Pie.
Her adventures one summer with her ol' man.
How Grandma helped her overcome her fear of thunderstorms.
2) How does one determine the number of miles away a storm is?
When you hear thunder, count until lightning strikes.
Close your eyes and count until you hear a dog barking.
The distance of the storm equals the time it takes to bake Thunder Cake.
When lightning strikes, count until you hear thunder.
3) Why did her grandma ask Patricia to calculate how far away the storm was?
To find out how long Patricia should hide under the bed.
To find out if they had enough time to put the cake into the oven.
To determine how long they had before milking the cow.
So that Grandma knew when to start making dinner.
4) Why was Patricia afraid to gather eggs from Nellie Peck Hen?
She was afraid Nellie would peck at her.
Nellie was scared of the storm, and acting very peculiar.
Patricia didn't like to gather eggs when Grandma was inside.
Nellie always tried to scratch Grandma.
5) What was the name of the cow Grandma milked?
6) Why did Patricia and her grandma walk through Tangleweed Woods?
Grandma was trying to frighten Patricia.
They were playing hide-and-seek.
They were lost.
To get to the dry shed.
7) Who climbed the trellis in the barnyard? Why?
Grandma; To pick strawberries.
Patricia; To peek in the windows.
Patricia; To pick tomatoes.
Patricia; To pick apples.
8) How many miles away was the storm when the cake went into the oven?
The storm had stopped all together.
9) Why did Grandma tell Patricia she was a brave girl?
She climbed the tree to pick coconuts.
She went outside during the thunderstorm.
She hid under her bed all day.
She helped gather ingredients, even though the storm was coming.
10) What did Patricia and Grandma do, during the thunderstorm?
They climbed the trellis in the barnyard.
They played monopoly.
They smiled and ate Thunder Cake.
They hid in the closet.